Gateways works to support financially eligible individuals in receipt of health related benefits such as Employment Support Allowance, Income Support, Carers Allowance or Pension Credit, State Retirement Pension and/or an Occupational Pension.
Information, advice and guidance is tailored for those preparing to work. Other support is available to those who are unable to work.
Whether you are preparing to work or are unable to, Gateways offers social inclusion workshops on a variety of topics throughout the year in addition to help with essential household items.
It is essential for you to engage with us to gain the best from Gateways.
Preparing to work
We aim to provide practical assistance to support you with achievable steps towards employment at your own pace. This includes:
- One-to-one appointments with a personal advisor
- Action planning, information, advice and guidance relevant to you
- Support with job search, cover letter, CV writing, interview preparation
- Help you to gain experience and qualifications through volunteering and training
- Grants to support you on your journey
Unable to work
We aim to provide information to reduce isolation and improve home environments. This includes:
- Help you to engage in local and social activities
- Monthly workshops with external speakers
- Information, advice and guidance to encourage awareness and promote independence
- Access to computers in our IT suite
- Assist you to explore opportunities such as volunteering and short courses